Thursday, August 5, 2010

Christy Romer to Resign?

This certainly wasn't the Fed official I wanted to resign. The word was that she wanted a larger stimulus, Larry didn't, and she felt she wasn't having enough influence...

Don't think it's official yet tho'...

UPDATE: Wow! It's official. Of course, I suspect part of this is that, given that Congress is unlikely to do more stimulus (except for tiny things...), there's just not that much the CEA can do for the economy at this point. And with Republicans perhaps taking control of the House, the situation is only fit to get worse.

2 comments:

  1. yes it is. http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/05/romer-leaves-as-head-of-council-of-economic-advisers/?hp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need this type of information from many days. It is really nice and interesting article and I have never read this type of article before yours. I am very much thankful of you for this amazing site.
    running shorts

    ReplyDelete